M.P Young Scientist Congress
1.About Young Scientist Program
M. P. Council of Science & Technology is promoting the young talents of the State by organizing Young Scientist Congress every year. The Congress aims at identifying budding scientists and providing encouragement to their research plans and programmes. This programme has attracted considerable attention and achieved appreciable success since its inception in the year 1986. The Council has organized twenty-seven M.P. Young Scientist Congress so far, in different parts of the State.
2.Year-wise details of hosting M.P. Young Scientist Congress
|2013||M.P. Council of Science and Technology,Bhopal|
|2012||M.P. Council of Science and Technology,Bhopal|
|2011||Jawaharlal Nehru Agricultural University, Jabalpur|
|2010||M.P. Council of Science and Technology, Bhopal|
|2009||M.P. Council of Science and Technology, Bhopal|
|2008||M.P. Council of Science and Technology, Bhopal|
|2007||Samrat Ashok Technological Institute, Vidisha|
|2006||Awadhesh Pratap Singh University, Rewa|
|2005||Vikram University, Ujjain|
|2004||Dr. Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar|
|2003||M.P. Bhoj (Open) University, Bhopal|
|2002||Mahatma Gandhi Gramoday Vishwavidyala, Chitrakoot|
|2001||Devi Ahilya University, Indore|
|2000||Rajiv Gandhi Technological University, Bhopal|
|1999||Barkatullah University, Bhopal|
|1998||Jiwaji University, Gwalior|
|1997||Guru Ghansidas University, Bilaspur|
|1996||Rani Durgawati University, Jabalpur|
|1995||Guru Ghansidas University, Bilaspur|
|1994||Dr. Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar|
|1993||Jawaharlal Nehru Agricultural University, Jabalpur|
|1992||Devi Ahilya University, Indore|
|1991||Pt. Ravi Shankar University, Raipur|
|1990||Vikram University, Ujjain|
|1989||Awadhesh Pratap Singh University, Rewa|
|1988||Jiwaji University, Gwalior|
|1987||Barkatullah University, Bhopal|
|1986||Devi Ahilya University, Indore|
3.Discipline / Subject Area
Every year M.P. YOUNG SCIENTIST CONGRESS will be organized on February 28-March 01. The Research Scholars, Faculty Members, and Scientists working in any University, College, Government/Semi-Government/ Autonomous Institutions of Madhya Pradesh are encouraged to submit research papers in the following disciplines:
- Agricultural SciencesAnthropology and Behavioral Sciences
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Sciences
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering and Information Technology
- Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Home Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Sciences including AYUSH
- New Biology (Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology)
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Plant Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
4.Condition for Participation & Enclosure
- As on February 28, age should not be more than 32 years for men and 35 years for women.
- Candidates should have 2 years research experience after PG Degree in science disciplines as on February 28.
- In the case of Medical, Veterinary and Engineering disciplines the candidates should have 2 years research experience after bachelor degree as on February 28.
- The paper must bear single authorship.
- The submitted work should be carried out in the State of M.P.
- The full length papers of the awardees will be published by the Council as a Special Volume.
- Certificate from Head of Department and Research Supervisor, undertaking, biodata and abstract generated online from website along with all documents mentioned in the check list must reach to the Council on or before prescribed date.
- Certificate indication proof of age.
- Copy of the Marksheet of PG Degree in science disciplines or Bachelor Degree in case of Medical, Veterinary and Engineering disciplines.
- Five Copies of Abstract and full length Research Paper.
- The envelop must be superscripted: "…….MP YOUNG SCIENTIST CONGRESS", Discipline and Uniq ID.
6.Incentive to Awardees
- A certificate to recognize his/her research work.
- Cash prize of Rs. 25,000/- to Young Scientist Awardees.
- Fellowship for training in any National Institution under Council’s Scheme “Fellowship for Training of Young Scientist to be availed within 2 years after receiving the award.
7.Guideline for Abstract / Paper Submission
(Should be uploaded online and 05 hard copies)
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING FULL PAPER
- Minimum 250 words and maximum 300 words.
- The abstract must be written in English and its extent is limited to one A4 page in the following pattern.
- Subject discipline under which it is to be included should be written on top corner.
- The title of the abstract should be typed using the 14 pt Times New Roman bold font.
- The name of the author and their affiliation, Email address should be then typed with the 12 pt Times New Roman font using the regular and italic font style, respectively.
- Text to be distributed in three paragraphs using the single space 12 pt Times New Roman font.
- First paragraph indicating objectives and background details (about 50 words).
- Second paragraph materials, methods or experiment (about 50 words).
- Third paragraph highlighting the observations, finding, discussion and importance.
- The abstract must be free from mistakes since they will be reproduced as such.
- Experimental details, methods, materials, etc.
- Observations, Results and Discussion
- References as per internationally accepted style
- Tables and diagrams to be submitted separately, each to be signed on the back for identification along with the title of the paper.
- The paper should be typed in double space on A-4 size paper. The paper must indicate the discipline under which it is to be considered accompanied by required certificate/ undertaking.
- Each candidate should submit his/her research paper in separate envelope mentioning the discipline, Unique ID and “…..MP Young Scientist Congress” on top of the envelope.