Popularization of S & T in Rural School Special Pro
M.P. Council of Science & Technology has started a special scheme of Science Popularization in the 2011-12. Total 587 Higher Secondary Schools running under Tribal Department of Govt. of Madhya Pradesh located in 20 districts viz Sheorpur, Ratlam, Dhar, Alirajpur, Jhabua, Khargoan, Khandwa, Sidhi, Burhanpur, Betul, Hoshangabad, Chhindwara, Seoni, Mandla, Balaghat, Sidhi, Umariya, Shehdol, Dindori and Anuppur have been covered under the scheme.
- Encourage the students studying in the schools of rural areas to take interest in study of basic science subjects.
- Procurement of simple and knowledgeable popular science books/exhibits
- To provide scientific books/ charts/ models and activity kits for simple learning in rural schools.
- Translation of science books and exhibitions available in Hindi/English into concerned regional languages
- Arrangements of workshops/Demonstration programmes for the teachers/students and other participants.
- Activity kits i.e. . Chemistry kit, Venus transit kit and popular sciences i.e Hands on, प्रकृति की प्रयोगषाला, मौसम, कुछ खोजें कुछ बनाएं, पत्तों का चिडि़याघर, ब्रह्यांड सुंदरी हमारी पृथ्वी, क्यों और कैसे, पंप ही पंप, पर्यावरण और आत्म-निर्भरता
- Activity kits i.e. मौसम, जैव विविधता, भुकम्प, खगोली ; and telescope, posters of Vigyan Prasar will be provided to the schools very shortly.
- A database is prepared to generate the whole information of schools, like science teachers, number of science students, drinking water, sanitation system etc. of school.
- Teachers and students were showing keen interest in the scheme.
- Information of sanitation system is collected during survey and on the basis of this further new plan is to be prepared.