REMOTE SENSING APPLICATION CENTER FORESTRY & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE- Ongoing
Preparation of Biodiversity Atlas of M P
- Exploitation, conservation and sustainable utilization of natural resources at local level and global level is the need of the Hour.
- India in general and Madhya Pradesh in particular still have rich biodiversity in spite of manifold increase in population pressure in our forest and wilderness areas.
- Biological diversity acts an important measure in any ecosystem that increase its ability to withstand stress, i.e impending climatic change. Thus there is urgent need to conserve gene pool in situ before it is lost forever, because a large percentage of biological wealth and its importance is still unknown to us.
- Therefore there is urgent need to prepare a biodiversity atlas of Madhya Pradesh, which will be available online on web page for access to every person concerned with Biodiversity and its conservation and utilization. A page containing biological diversity and its conservation excluding Microbial Biodiversity and Fauna upto Vertebrate (Taxa Level) will be placed in GIS Domain.
Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in Sericulture Development of MP
- Mapping and Identification of Potential Areas for Development of Sericulture (Silkworm Food Plants) on 1: 50,000 Scales.
- To carry out an appraisal survey to evaluate the progress of sericulture development (pre and post project) for a few selected areas from the four sericulture zones
- To develop and implement a network of Sericulture Information Linkage & Knowledge Systems (SILKS) in 50 sericulture intensive districts.
Microorganism: Let us observe & Learn , Orientation Workshop
- To organize two State Level Orientation Workshops on Microorganisms in M.P.
- To train up 50 Local Resource Persons of the State to organize local level training programmes for school children, teachers & science communicators of Madhya Pradesh.